- 2017 Emmy Award for Best Commercial Campaign (Director of Photography - Mid-America NATAS)
- 2017 Silver Addy Award, Mercy: Worthy of the Name
- 2016 Emmy Awarded to Mercy & 90W, Best Broadcast Campaign, (Brant Hadfield Director of Photography - Mid-America NATAS)
- 2015 Emmy Award for Best Documentary Program, The Battle of Island Mound (Mid-America NATAS)
- 2015 Emmy Award for Best Cinematography in a Program, The Battle of Island Mound (Mid-America NATAS)
- 2014 Best Short Film - Harlem International Film Festival, The Battle of Island Mound
- 2014 Best Cinematography - St. Louis Filmmaker's Showcase, The Battle of Island Mound
- 2014 Silver Addy Awards, (3) including Cinematography & Editing, The Battle of Island Mound
- 2014 Audience Choice Award - MX Fest, The Battle of Island Mound
- 2012 Gold Addy Award (STL Region), Cinematography, Demo Reel
- 2012 Bronze National Telly's, Director of Photography, National broadcast spots
- 2011 Best Dramatic Short Film - St. Louis Filmmaker's Showcase, Showdown
- 2011 Best Cinematography - Wild Rose Independent Film Festival, The Last Legend
- 2010 Best Cinematography - Festivus Film Festival, Denver, CO, The Last Legend
- 2010 James B. Story American Experience Award - Lonestar Film Festival, The Last Legend
- 2009 Best Dramatic Short Film - St. Louis Filmmaker's Showcase, The Last Legend
- 1998 & 1999 Emmy Awards for Cinematography, News
Brant is passionate about creating artistically beautiful, cinematic, visual storytelling. Creating the images that evoke emotion and compel an audience is what has always driven him and continues to this day. He loves what he does, and it shows.
His career began in 1993, working seven years in broadcast news CBS and ABC affiliates, shooting and editing stories in the style of the National Press Photographer's Association (NPPA) - always thinking of story, using natural light, observing and capturing visuals that would move the audience to understand and feel.
In 2013, Brant wrote, directed, shot, and edited the multi-award winning film, The Battle of Island Mound. Commissioned by the state of Missouri, the film depicts the first-ever battle fought by African-American soldiers in the Civil War.
His first short film endeavor, The Last Legend, screened in eight film festivals nationwide, and won four awards in those festivals, including two for best cinematography.
From the very beginning, through today, meticulous attention to detail and a passion for visual storytelling is the foundation of how Brant goes about his craft.
- Arri Alexa Mini
- Phantom 4 Pro drone
- Teradek Bolt Pro 300
- Movi15 w/ remote
The Alexa Mini offers better dynamic range and skin tone than any other digital cinema camera. The Alexa Mini produces the same images as the much larger Alexa, but in a Red-like form factor. The Alexa is used to shoot the lion's share of national level broadcast commercials, and a large percentage of Hollywood movies.